Friday, March 14, 2008

Cause I'm the Birthday Girl!

Happy 3rd Birthday! The day finally arrived after long waiting from the birthday girl and her sister! They were thrilled for this day to finally arrive. Emi woke up with a brand new pink micro-fleece blanket that she has been coveting ever since Nathan gave me a purple one for Christmas. She rubs it in on her cheek and says, "Its sooo niiice!"

They had preschool and the class sang happy birthday and Emi was the leader of all the lines today. Every privilege she received today she would announce "Because I'm the Birthday Girl!!"

We went up to the International Sportsman Expo where they had lots of fun events for kids. We watched a Splash Dogs competition, and the girls fished in a small catch/release pond. No catch but they enjoyed the thrill. Then we walked around some activities, playing with a turkey calling toy, and matching animal silhouettes. Finally, it was time to go home and get the birthday dinner ready. She wanted Chinese Buffet so I concocted my own creations, "sweet onion teryaki," "beef and broccoli," rice, and fried noodles. Hardly the real deal but man, she chowed down and asked for seconds!

Then we enjoyed the cake and ice cream, chocolate with pink frosting, chocolate chip ice cream and Dora ice cream. Presents were, new markers (with a flip top attached to the marker, INGENIOUS and highly recommended!!!!), crayons, new coloring books, and a tricycle so she can roll with her sister. To top it of were Super Why dolls I made. It is a new PBS cartoon that the girls are crazy about. They love to play and act out the episodes so I new Emi would love dolls of the characters. And it was the GREATEST because she totally did!! :)!!! It was a beautiful birthday for everybody!! Alena can't wait for hers and already has a blanket and Super Why dolls on her list ;)

Blowing out the Candles!



A Little Head Bobbing



I'm The Birthday Girl!




PICTURES




No comments: