



I absolutely LOVE mother's day and almost look forward to it all year ;) It's better than my birthday! I just love enjoying and appreciating what I do, and basking in the joy of my happy little family. Nathan is the hero of mother's days in my opinion!
First of all, I got to sleep in (any young mom knows the value of this one!). Sleep and sleep and actually with little interruptions of hearing the girls cry out or something downstairs. Finally, they all came up singing "Happy Mother's Day to you!" with some roses. Nathan said, 3 roses for each reason I'm a mother, and the baby's breath are all the things I do as a mother. The girl's were very excited for breakfast, which was chocolate chip pancakes. Mickey mouse shaped for the girls, and one HUGE one the size of the plate for me! Holy cow! ;) I almost finished it! I think Cielo actually ate enough to equate the huge one on my plate to be honest. Then Nathan took over getting the girls ready for church while I squeezed in another nap, and then quietly got myself ready, no interruptions! It was a beautiful morning!!
Noemi made a noodle necklace in nursery and Alena colored a wooden mixing spoon with Hershey kisses. Noemi was wishing everyone a Happy Mother's Day all day long, over and over again. I love that about kids! Enjoying every hour of a special day. Nathan made dinner, which he regularly does on the weekends, but he also made chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
At the end of the day, when we were kneeling for family prayer Alena asked Nathan, "Why are you sweating, daddy?" He had some persperation over his forehead, and he answered "Because today I was pretending to be mommy!" I love it!!
I am so grateful for our little family, and especially for the fun we have loving each other.
3 comments:
Mother's Day is so great! I'm so glad you got spoiled--you totally deserve it!
That is just so sweet! You happen to be the best mommy ever! Happy Mother's Day from me... a little bit late!
That is so awesome. I especially love the fact that Nathan admitted to be sweating because he was doing what you usually do. You are such a great mom and you totally deserve the royal treatment! I still want to make it down there to have a crocheting party but the gas is killing us all eh? Great post Tania!
Post a Comment