Sunday, July 09, 2006

Daily Life



So daily life continues for the Hanamaikai Crazies. The girl's aunt Stefi was here at the beginning of the week and they certainly loved that! She survived without Alena talking her ear off and Noemi begging for a new drink every 10 minutes- good for her! Noemi cried when she got out of the car and Alena kept asking to go on the plane with her to Georgia.
So Alena is turning 3 years old in 3 days. The "terrible twos" at least were plain as how to deal with them. How do we deal with an inquisitve three year old who innocently states "You say no; I say yes." "True...and...you need to listen to what I say." "But you say no and I say yes!" and you can just see her thinking, 'and I really really think I want to do what I say!' She's THREE YEARS OLD and is already dealing with conflict and contradictions. Obedience is questioned at every corner now...I suppose it's merely the beginning of the rest of our lives!! I guess I should consider the fact that she's discussing the conflict with me rather than just doing her own thing first. Yeah!! Now if we can only get that to last for the next umpteen years....
I remember from teaching junior primary that the running theme was to impress upon them that when we do what's right we feel happy and when we don't we feel sad. Plain and simple, right? So...I just try to point out her feelings to her after she's done something wrong AND when she does things that are right. Man, just when you think you're getting the parenthood routine down they just have to keep on growing....
It's fun :) *Pictures*

No comments: