
Here's a little tribute to our pet rabbit Peanut Butter who died last week :(
He came to our home when a neighbor pulled over and asked if we wanted a little bunny for the girls. In innocence *cough- stupidity*, I said sure! I had NO IDEA he meant live rabbit. I watched him bring out a small furry bundle cupped in his hands, and I was stunned as I took it into the house. We named him Peanut Butter cause that was one of the few words Alena could say at the time. Nathan built him a nice hatch with spare wood and chicken wire where he was able to take in the fresh air and poop as much as he wanted cause I didn't have to clean a cage any more.
Alena loved going outside with daddy to feed the rabbit. She would drop in carrots. Peanut Butter was only a baby when he came to us and we watched him grow big and fat and fluffy. He was a healthy fella until he died. He started to get smaller, and one day when I went out to feed him, I did not find him jumping. Frankly, it was something I dreaded every time I went out there.
We don't know if it was the weather, or maybe a bad batch of lettuce, but we sure miss him now that he's gone. We felt so responsible. Although he probably lived longer than he would have under the trailer where he was found, we can't help feeling like we should have done even more. Don't be surprised if in a few years down the road you hear that we're builders of a luxury resort for abandoned rabbits... called The Peanut Butter Barn. ;)
Well, regardless, our encounter with Peanut Butter has been a life lesson learned for us, which is how all little animal's lives should be. Thanks for reading about him.
No comments:
Post a Comment